The Gingus Chronicles

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

This one's for darrell boys, this one's for darrell

In response to my good friend Darrell's recent blog post, I have decided to post my reflections on events of the past commonly referred to as "Kentgate".
Darrell and I have something in common... well, a lot in common as it turns out but we didn't realize that until recently. "Kentgate" started long before we knew each other. But we both knew somebody that we eventually dated. Darrell before I.
But then an event took place that forever was stamped into the minds of many.
It was a softball game. A UCM softball game. Darrell was working with the intramurals at ECU and happened to be working the particular game I was involved in. By this time I knew only of Darrell, I never personally met the guy. Why did I want to meet the guy anyway? It was my girlfriends ex. For some reason I HAD to not like him. I guess that's commonplace when you are dating a girl who just got out of a relationship that didn't end on the best of terms. The next guy isn't suppose to like the ex. Anyway, back to the story. There was another guy named Dewayne (Darrell also goes by Dewayne) at the softball game. I said something to Dewayne and Darrell thought I was talking about him. That set off an unfortunate set of events that involved a confrontation at the UCM with some of his friends.
Darrell, if you're reading this, I just want to say that I am very sorry about everything that took place years ago. You say you take all or most of the blame for everything but I'm not going to let you. I've said some stuff about you to people that never should have been said, and I appoligize. It was an immature thing to do and I have no excuse for it. To think it all started over a girl?! Crazy! I'm glad we can look back on it now and laugh. I want to thank you for being a good man and being the first to reach out a hand of frienship. In fact, I hated the fact that you were the first one to do it. I felt bad about everything and wanted to offer some kind of branch of peace but never did it. I guess I'm too shy for my own good. I guess I have some thanks to give to Ed too. He is also Darrell's friend and I think was the one who encouraged him to make amends between us. So, Ed, I gotta give it to ya. Good job.

Oh and uh........ boomer.

I'll tell ya that right now. Coo.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >