The Gingus Chronicles

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I remember

When it rains, it pours. Has anyone ever seen this phenomina? Most everybody knows of the tragedy that occured last weekend. In case you don't know, a girl I knew during my days as a youth intern at First United Methodist Church was murdered by a coward. This guy abducted her after school in the parking lot. He shot and killed her just a few hours later. Then turned the gun on himself and ended his own life.

Today was the funeral for the young lady. It was a very nice service. So many people there. And it was the first time I cried about the whole thing. It didn't hit me until I was walking out through the church. We were allowed to say something to her as we passed by her body. I approached the casket and broke down. All I could muster as I walked by was, "I'll see you again soon." I couldn't look at anybody. I just couldn't. Right before I walked out the door I felt a hand touch my shoulder. It was Rev. Warren (pastor of the F.U.M.C). For some reason, it gave me some peace. To know that somebody was there. Human touch is so powerful sometimes.

Caitlin was such a wonderful girl. No, I didn't know her extremely well, but the times that I did interact with her and the times that I spent with her during youth group were all good times. Her smile was infectious and her laugh made everyone feel better. She was such a godly woman. Stories of her testimony inspires me to let my light shine, as she did so well. I hope I leave a legacy such as she did.

In my previous post, I mention a set of verses that really spoke to me. The pastor giving the message today, gave those same set of verses. It was amazing. It touched me greatly.

But now I can't get the image of her out of my head. I think about her quite a bit. I'm not exactly sure why. Were we best friends? No. But this whole thing still affects me. To see somebody innocent pay the price for somebody else's crime is terrible. But doesn't that sound familiar? Jesus paid our debt. We sinned and yet someone perfect stepped in and paid the price for our mistakes. I still can't believe someone would do that for me.

The other day I found out that another friend of mine also passed away. Those of you in Ada may have seen it on the front page of the Ada Evening News. Dusty Abbott was riding a motorcycle and crashed near the college. He went to the same church as I for several years. So did his parents. I knew them pretty well. They are all wonderful people. I couldn't imagine what they are going through. So please pray for peace during this tragic time.

I remember. I remember your life, Caitlin. I remember. I remember your life, Dusty. I'll see you both again, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >