The Gingus Chronicles

Monday, June 19, 2006

Shine

Endurance- or stamina, the capability of sustaining prolonged stressful effort.

Whenever we pray, we always ask to escape certain situations. If somebody, for example, is going through tough times with family, they usually pray to God that they be relieved of the issue. What if God needs us to go through these types of things? Why shouldn't we instead pray for endurance through these situations rather than escape them?

In James 1:2-3, it says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

It's so much easier said than done, I know. But we should consider it pure joy? Pure joy? Of course! Whenever God is allowing us to go through something, He's using it to make us better.

Take a look... at others and yourself. Whenever times are tough, then your true light will shine. Are you mad at the world? Are you mad at God? Or, do you look at the glass half full? Even though you may not be happy, you should be joyful. God is using these situations to help you, not to hurt you.

I gripe and complain way too much about what I don't have. I never give God the praise He deserves for what He's given me. I am blessed far beyond what I deserve.

Does the world see me different? Am I not of this world? I think it's time to reveal the light that is shining within me.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >