The Gingus Chronicles

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Mead's is better

Most of ya know that I'm working at the Home Depot, right? Some of you may ask, "How is it working out there?" Well, here's the answer: Eh...

What that means is that I'd rather be doing a lot more jobs than this one but there are definitly a lot worse out there. I'm what they call the LP (Loss-Prevention) at the drive through lumberyard. I stay in one little bitty area the whole time. It seems that customers driving through expect me to know every single item The Home Depot carries. "Hey! Do ya'll carry 15/36'' sheets of 1/4'' adapters for a widget for japanese east coast pine wood corners? WELL? DO YA???!!!! Ah hell! I'm going to Mead's then since none ya know whatcha hellya doin'! Bye!"

So, when that stuff happens, I turn into this guy:


That's almost the kind of conversations I have with some of the most wonderful customers Ada has to offer. So, least to say that retail is not my forte. Besides, I'm waiting on another job. Lord God I hope I get it. I think I've mentioned it in another post. It's a job out at my old high school. Something about an after-school health related fitness thing. I won't know if I got the job until I find out if the grant money has come through. I would love to work back at the ole' school. Besides, this is something that I want to do. I got my degree in this area so why not use it? Oh, and I won't find out until the 18th of this month if the school got the grant or not. So, for those of you that pray, start up those prayer motors please. I really want this job.

Now, I hate to gripe about the job I have. I am pretty fortunate to get the position I have. Heck, I am getting a paycheck. I can't complain too much. I'm just saying The Home Depot isn't exactly for me. So, maybe I won't be working there too much longer.

But, I'm going to try to leave this up to God. He's in control, no matter how much I try to fight him for control of my life. It's hard to let go isn't it?

Stay tuned for more Big 5 action. They are making their way to the bowling alley in the not too distant future.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

9 Comments:

  • Tiff has a magazine article you should read...

    By Blogger Scott, at Thu Aug 04, 07:33:00 AM 2005  

  • I hear ya. At my place of employment which is a christian based healthcare facility our President held a town hall meeting to discuss the state of patient satisfaction. He opened with a reading of the scripture which if I remmy correctly about the good Samaritan or something like that where a biblical character brings loved one to be cared for and essentially says when I come back I trust you will have taken good care of my loved one.

    Customer satisfaction is not easy. Satisfying customers and/or patients is difficult, but as long as you put in your 100% and why not dedicate the day to God, I don't see where one can go wrong. You're in a tight spot, but it won't always be that bad.

    By Blogger Sugar, at Thu Aug 04, 01:44:00 PM 2005  

  • Yes, little brother, I understand your pain. I think the worst job I had was at the $ Saver back in 1996. I began to despise the general public and found myself being subjected to things and phrases I'd never heard before. It was all I could do to not take my smock, set it on fire, and throw it at people. Hang in there, and always have a sarcastic smile on your face. . .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Aug 04, 04:54:00 PM 2005  

  • Gosh there is a joke I really want to say to you... But, i'm afraid it is too inside. All I'll say is.....Didn't you use to work at VanOss after hours? Funny stuff!

    By Blogger the rocket, at Fri Aug 05, 09:10:00 AM 2005  

  • Yeah, Ed, it was too inside... I don't get it.

    By Blogger Coach K, at Fri Aug 05, 06:23:00 PM 2005  

  • that is exactly what I was thinking scott...

    By Blogger tka821, at Fri Aug 05, 10:34:00 PM 2005  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Bryan Laramore, at Sat Aug 06, 10:00:00 AM 2005  

  • ya should have said: "Sir, let me ask you somethin'...Are you writin' book about it? Are you researchin' it for some East Coast Japapese Pinewood Conservationist Society? No? well then get that hell out my face if you don't like the way we do things here!!!!!" i'm sure that would go over real well....show 'em who's boss Kent!!!!

    By Blogger Bryan Laramore, at Sat Aug 06, 10:01:00 AM 2005  

  • One time this guy drove through wanting to pick up a refridgerator he bought. He waited for a little bit... then got into his truck... drove right up to me and said, "Ya'll don't have anything I want and I don't want anything ya'll got. Bye." I wanted to laugh but I thought it might have been impolite... So, instead, I just told him to get the %@!& outta here!

    By Blogger Coach K, at Sat Aug 06, 10:29:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >