The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Baby Ruths and frozen water containers

Wanna hear more about Kentucky? Well, sorry, you are going to hear it anyway.

Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts I got screwed.

I consider Ed to be one of my best friends. We like some of the same music, same t.v. shows (Seinfeld, Cheaters), and obviously have dated the same women. He is a great person to go to if you need a laugh or wanna know more about the devils.... ah.... I mean the Catholic faith. But, somtimes, he can not be so nice. I found this out first hand during the Kentucky trip. They involve an ice chest and a baby.

Ice Chest
One of the "leaders" from Pennsylvania that was there for the bible school is a lady we dubbed "Ben Hur". Just imagine Ben Hur in the movie with all the slaves on the ship rowing the boat. If she had a rope or a belt she would whip us if we didn't do something she told us to do. She wouldn't be so bad if she would ASK us to do something instead of assuming we never did anything and TOLD us to do something.
Ed and I were walking through the church building approaching the kitchen, where ben hur was located. We just got through doing something and was on our way to do something else (whatever it was). Ben hur saw us coming and told us to put an ice chest in the back of the van. While she was saying that she practically threw the ice chest in front of Ed. But, Ed, using his Emmitt Smith type moves, avoided the ice chest and kept of walkin past it. So, where did that leave me? I was next in line. If I walked right past it she would get out her whip and start beating me with it. So, being the nice guy I am, picked it up and carried it to the van. The whole time cursing Ed under my breath. I think the main reason I didn't want to pick it up in the first place was for spite of ben hur. So, Ed owes me big time now. Maybe he can help me move out whenever that time comes.

Baby Ruth
I mentioned in another post how we played basketball quite often up there. There was about a group of 6-8 playing and Ed was one of those. Ed was walking towards the outside of the playing area where he "accidently" knocked over a baby. The kid hit the floor pretty good. Ed says it was an accident, but I don't know......... Ed was saying that he was afraid that the kid would go to sleep and never wake up. Hey Ed. WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!

side note: Did you know that if you combed the creeks of Kentucky you would eventually find every part to make a semi-working automobile? There were so many cars and car parts in those creeks, it was amazing! It was like a waterpark ride at Six Flags went horribly wrong.

You ever wanted to know what Ed and I look like when we are both jamming to Queen? Click on this site listed below. It's pretty accurate. For more info click here for Ed's blog. He talked about this too.
http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-180.htm


Until next time, vaya con Dios.

8 Comments:

  • I couldn't sleep that night cause I was afraid that baby had brain damage and would die in its sleep. Her mom and I kind of got into it once.... so I don't think that wouldn't have looked good to the authorities to rule out premeditation. Also, the ICE CHEST dodging looked a lot like the matrix....if anything did.

    By Blogger the rocket, at Sun Jul 24, 06:03:00 PM 2005  

  • Is this Mr. Ed Gomez we're talking about, or the other Ed???

    By Blogger roz, at Sun Jul 24, 06:19:00 PM 2005  

  • Whichever one makes the tamales.

    By Blogger Coach K, at Sun Jul 24, 06:42:00 PM 2005  

  • OOOOH Ed, do you really make tamales? I used to make tamales every December for Christmas Eve...I cooked the pork and made the chile colorado, and my friends and kids were the assebly line. We made 25 dozen at a time...So, anybody want to make tamales at christmas???

    By Blogger roz, at Sun Jul 24, 10:30:00 PM 2005  

  • ha! ha! No roz i don't know how to make tamales. Kent is refering to a pet peeve of mine of how people just assume I know how to make tamales. Similarly people will ask me specific questions about Mexico, assume I'm from San Antonio (Bryan), giving me different last names like Gomez (Doug), people say "where do you go to church... oh yeah Catholic cause you're mexican." Those all rate up there. I do like tamales and I do admire many qualities the mexican culture has, however it may be dissappointing for people around Ada to know that I grew up relatively no different than they did.

    By Blogger the rocket, at Sun Jul 24, 11:07:00 PM 2005  

  • Do you watch ESPN in spanish?

    By Blogger Coach K, at Sun Jul 24, 11:15:00 PM 2005  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger the rocket, at Sun Jul 24, 11:16:00 PM 2005  

  • in Mexico it's ESPaNish

    By Blogger the rocket, at Sun Jul 24, 11:17:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >