The Gingus Chronicles

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Foot-stuck-in-mouth disease

Whenever I go to WalMart, something always seems to happen.

I drive into the WalMart parking lot looking for a spot within a mile of the doors. I settled for a spot in Tennessee. At least I'd get the exercise. Anyway, I get out of my truck and look to the vehicle parked next to me. I noticed that the paint on the bed of this truck looked strange. Upon further investigation, I noticed that this fine piece of machinery was repainted by using a paintbrush. I would have taken a picture if I had my camera. It looked horrible!

So, I get the attention of my friend who was with me and told him to look at Picaso-esque paint job. I say, "Look at this! This truck was painted by using a paintbrush! Who does that?Can you believe somebody would use a paintbrush to paint their truck?" As soon as I said that I noticed that there was an individual in the very same vehicle I was making fun of... and the windows were rolled down.

Then I said in a more quiet manner, "... And there's somebody in the truck...." Now, I'm not sure if you know of the way things are in the southern U.S. of A, but making fun of a somebody's truck is something that isn't taken lightly. In other words, I walked a little faster towards Wally World.

Thanks WalMart for another grand adventure.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

5 Comments:

  • yeah yeah, but did you kick the cosmetics girl??? You should have.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Tue Aug 01, 05:49:00 PM 2006  

  • That's why I need a list-of-things-to-do-while-I-am-at-WalMart. I always forget the good stuff.

    By Blogger Coach K, at Tue Aug 01, 05:53:00 PM 2006  

  • I think you should write a book about your WalMart adventures.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Aug 01, 09:25:00 PM 2006  

  • Hey, Wal Mart is the source of some of my best stories, too. Btw, if you want to see one fine paint job, come take a look at the Happyland Fire Dept. tanker. It is a 1960-ish model truck with goodness knows how many layers of brushed on paint. It also has a top speed of about 55 mph. See why I have been helping them write for grant money?

    By Blogger Deanna, at Wed Aug 02, 09:06:00 AM 2006  

  • strange things are afoot at the walmart. I remember when I was a very young teenager...that's when they first built the new walmart in Ada. My best friend and I would have our parents drop us off at walmart like it was a mall! And we'd play with the toys, create general havoc, eat at McDonalds, play the video games, and then have our parents pick us up a few hours later. It seems so funny how deprived we were of anything substantial to do in Ada Potata... but now I long for the lazy town as opposed to the oversized ghetto in which I now reside.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Wed Aug 02, 01:22:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >