The Gingus Chronicles

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

King of Queens

I promised big news and I will give you big news. So... Here goes. I, Kent, bought a new shirt at a discount price. It's a great shirt, too. You would be proud.

No, no, no. That's not the big news. I am the newest teacher at ****** High School. I received a phone call on my way to OKC from the Supt. of the offer and I accepted. So, not only am I a teacher, I am also a basketball coach.... a GIRLS basketball coach. Now, I would never have imagined that I would ever be a girls basketball coach. It's funny how God works sometimes. A year ago I wasn't even sure if I wanted to be a coach. Heck, two weeks ago I didn't think it was going to happen. Little did I know...

Math and coaching... deadly combonation. We'll see what happens.

I ate at a place called City Bites today. The food was awesome, but the interesting part of the experience was in the bathroom. You see, the restroom from the outside is covered in mirrors. It appears no different than any other mirror. However, inside the bathroom is a whole new experience... for the most part. You, as you are urinating, can look THROUGH the walls to everyone in the restaraunt. You can see them through the two-way glass. It is a weird experience exposing yourself when at the same time you are not exposing yourself. People are seated right next to the bathroom, too. So, as you are taking care of business, there is somebody less than a foot away from you... eating. You are peeing as people look in your direction. It's very scary, yet liberating.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >