The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Just breathe...

This is one of the longest non-blogging droughts I've had in a while. I'm sure many of you are greatly concerned about my absence.... yeah.

The first week of school was very stressful. It makes me wonder if this is a profession I should be involved with. But most people say the first year of teaching is the most difficult. I will take their word on that one. Tomorrow I will begin the nitty and gritty that is math. I will pass out books and begin teaching the first lesson. Pray that everything goes well.

I've been a wreck this week. I have the worries of a new job on top of worrying about moving into a house that isn't ready. Sometimes I think my head is just going to burst, which would be welcoming at any point.

Please pray that everything works out. I've been worrying about everything and, as most of you know, stress is not healthy. I really need your prayers.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

  • Ohhh do I ever know what you're going through as a brand new teacher. I'm a tough guy (er, gal), but just the stress of my first year brought me to tears more than once. I remember once the principal just brought me in my classroom and shut my door and let me completely vent and cry and all that before the kids came back in from PE. She kept telling me it'd get better and she told me the horror stories from her first year...which never REALLY helps because you feel like you're not being validated for having a crappy first year when EVERYBODY had a crappy first year... but anyway, around Christmas, things started getting better. And by the end of the school year, everything was great. The next year was a BREEZE compared to that first year.
    Chin up, young person, you'll be a great teacher.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Sun Aug 13, 05:09:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >