The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, November 20, 2009

I don't think you called glass

Not having the internet at home makes updating this thing somewhat difficult. I'd do it at school but I hardly ever have the time (or the motivation) to post something. So, here goes my monthly checkup...

Basketball season is fully underway now... in other words, I have no free time. Our junior high season has already had 5 games. There have been some really good games. And get this, our boys team had a TIE. Yes, you heard me (or "read" me, in this case). We tied. You see, this particular junior high game was played before a high school game. The girls game ran long and so the boys game got started behind schedule. It was a back and forth game. My team was down 6 with under a minute left to go in the game. One of my guards hits a 3-pointer to make us only down 3. I told my guys to try to go for a steal, and if they fouled in the process, then so be it. We would try to make them either make free throws or make them turn it over. Now, I'm a little fuzzy on the details but whatever happened made us get the ball back still only down 3 points. Time is running out. So, one of my post players shoots a desperation 3 off the backboard and ties the game with 1 second left. The game is going to overtime. But not so fast my friend. The high school games are to start in about 15 minutes. So, our administration says that the game is over. In. A. Tie.

Regardless of how to game could have turned out if there was an overtime, I was proud of my team. And our guys have had a lot of close calls so far this season. But we are getting better, which is what I want. The girls are getting better as well. I'm very proud of both of my teams.

In other news, I have a girlfriend. Woohoo! She's awesome.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >