The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Big Bang Theory revisited


The Sooners best performance to date. Last night I went to the Oklahoma vs. Kansas State football game. OU won 43-21. Bomar Sooners! Nnnn nnnn nnnn nnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnn!

But the game wasn't without a little extra excitement. In case you haven't heard there was an explosion during the game. It appeared to be a suicide that happened just outside the stadium during the second quarter of the game. When it happened, I thought it was thunder from a nearby storm. I looked up and saw no lightning and heck, not even any clouds. I turned to my Matt H. and asked him if he heard it. A few minutes later I heard some police sirens. Right then I knew something was up. I was kinda freaked out when I heard the announcer guy say over the loudspeaker at the stadium that the entire west side of the stadium was blocked off. So, it was kind of a scary situation last night. Bryan called me up a few minutes after the game expressing concern over my safety and well being. He said he was watching the news and started to worry about me. He said the news people made it sound like all 84,000 people at the game were almost blown to bits. Thank God that wasn't the case but at least I would have made the news. I always wanted to be famous.

I kid, I kid.

And speaking of thunder.........
Friday night, storms ravaged the area. I got home that night from watching the movie "Serenity". So, at about 2:00 a.m. I was watching the wind and rain almost rip open a hole in the roof. And about this time, my mother was looking out the door (I guess watching the storm) when all of a sudden lightning struck the house. Immediately my mom cries out in pain. She had her hand on the light switch when lightning hit so the lightning's current went directly to her. But she's alright. She said it felt really tingly (however you spell that). So, that was pretty scary. But on top of that, I started to smell something burning. That lasted for about 10 minutes. But you know the absolute worst part in the whole thing?????

NO TV! What am I suppose to do now?

I guess I have no excuse anymore not to do homework. But it's still not a good thing. No booyah here. Dang.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

4 Comments:

  • wow, glad you and your mom are safe. tell her hi for me. hope we can chat soon. have a good day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Oct 03, 03:46:00 PM 2005  

  • Last week was one week that I won't forget soon enough. I wish I could but....

    By Blogger Coach K, at Tue Oct 04, 09:54:00 PM 2005  

  • i heard a really horrible joke on the radio. This caller... not the host on this show I listened to said, "So I guess people in oklahoma don't know that the run and shoot offense, you still have to run." I said outloud to my stereo "Too soon!"

    By Blogger the rocket, at Wed Oct 05, 09:34:00 AM 2005  

  • I was a few blocks from campus the night of the game.

    What was the burning? Was there damage to the house?

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Mon Jul 13, 08:15:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >