The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, November 18, 2005

A moment of coo slightly past 9:30 p.m.

I have to be the worst at this meeting of the female thing. It's like my own version of stage fright. I think it would be easier for me to give a speech while only wearing my underwear and socks in front of all the students at ECU. I'm just not good at this.

In case you were wondering what exactly I'm talking about, one of my friends set me up to meet a young lady. Of course I wasn't going to turn down such an offer. So I politely accept the invitation. Actually, I believe my reaction upon first hearing of this was something to the effect of "Shnubltatherflackeedoorst!!". What? You've never heard of that? Well, my friend, then you haven't lived. In fact, I actually knew who the young lady was. So, my motivation for attending such a set up was high.

Earlier tonight was the actual meeting. There was a mutual friend who accompanied her so it made things a lot easier. I tell you the absolute truth here. When I first saw her I think my heart stopped. Was it nervousness? Not really. That wasn't it. She was so absolutely gorgeous that I couldn't imagine how God favored me so. I stood up and greeted her with a hearty handshake. Then we all sat down and talked until about midnight. But, of course, there were several moments where I had no idea what to say. And the stories I decided to share came out like this:

Kent: So, uh... uh..... this one time... uh...... like......... I had my wisdom teeth cut out.... uh..... so.......... it sucked........ yeah..... coo.

And I can just imagine what she was thinking.
Girl: Ahh man! Who is this moron? Quick! Gotta think of an out......... can't use the Lemon Law... it's been more than 5 minutes........ I guess I'll just have to endure it.

It wouldn't really surprise me if that's what her mode of thinking was.

But what now? Well, I'll tell you that I got a phone number. Which I was surprised to get. Holy crap was I nervous about leading up to the "Can I have your phone number?" question. I told her that I would like to get to know her better and proceeded with the "Would you like to do something at a future time and date?" question. She said OK but I wasn't sure that she was just being polite. Sorry, but I have an issue with self confidence. I can't help but think that. I can't ever imagine girls liking anything about me. That's me and I think I'll always be that way. It would take a lot to convince me that somebody likes me. I need that assurance.

I asked her basic background questions, likes, dislikes (kinda), and other random things. As I got to know her a little better I kept finding out things that are terrific about her. She's a Christian, likes christian music as well as lot's of other kinds, favors the University of Oklahoma Sooners (If she would have said OSU then I would have had to leave.... j/k), and many other things that are great. I had a really good time. Even counting the awkwardness and the uncertainty I felt.

I just hope she doesn't think I'm this total geek/loser/moron/idiot.... wait... I am those things. Well, I hope that she doesn't come to think of it as true... which it is.

So, is there a future date? Well, stay tuned.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >