The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, November 11, 2005

Just like the French

I give up. I surrender. I think I have a better shot if I let somebody else do it for me.

Oh yeah, I guess I better tell you what I'm talking about. OK.

The ever dreaded topic of relationships. Of course I'd almost rather take the "p" out of the aforementioned word and replace it with a "t". Get it? So, I give up. I apparently can't do it. My "methods" of the wooing isn't working. People always say "Be yourself" or the ever famous "Don't worry, you'll meet somebody". I appreciate the sentiments and the pity, but, it doesn't do me a whole lotta good. I'm sorry if that sounded mean. But I can't help it when I see some of my friends who have "hooked up" and wonder "why not me"?

Yes, I know the popular saying of, "God will send you somebody." I know those words like the starting lineup for the Oklahoma Sooners. "All in His timing" you say. Yes, I have heard 'em all! Seeing half of my friends who are either engaged or in-the-process-of-becoming-engaged makes me wonder what I do wrong. I think I'm a good guy morally. I mess up just like the rest. Am I just putting too much emphasis on this? I try not to think about it but each day I get older.

Maybe I'm just scared of losing my plans I had a long time ago. I figured I would meet someone in college, get married, have a job, and then live life to the fullest. Time's running out for me in that department. Yes, I may be freaking out prematurely. But don't we all kinda freak out when we make plans and then the plans don't work out like we've hoped? Yes. That's kinda what I'm going through.

Maybe it's a pride issue. The question of "why not me" might be because I think I deserve something. But I don't "deserve" anything really.

But it's nice to be considered a "catch" I suppose. Never in my life have I been the one girls hover around. I'm always on the outside looking in. I'm sort of a loner. I guess I've never had that personality where people love me instantly. I suppose it takes a while to warm up to me. And that's the way I act towards others as well. Extravert... or however you spell it. That's what I am... until I get to know you. Then you can't get rid of me.

We all want to be loved, right? What makes me any different?

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

2 Comments:

  • don't wait for something better to come along in the future... live life to the fullest today... this may be your last day.... would you want to spend it waiting for something to happen in the future?

    By Blogger Scott, at Sat Nov 12, 09:52:00 PM 2005  

  • Trust me, there's a lot of people around you that feel the same way.

    By Blogger Chrissy, at Mon Nov 14, 01:24:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >