The Gingus Chronicles

Monday, August 14, 2006

Let's get it started

I just finished my first day of "teaching". I passed out the books and started going over the first part of the lessons. For the most part, the classes seem to know what they are doing.

Everybody always says things will get better. So far, the stress has been way up there. I have actually lost weight since I started this job. I didn't think I could do it. I have always been like this though. I stress out about almost everything. I worry about my inadequacies all the time. I worry if I will be good enough. I may never be. Who knows? That kind of stuff always freaks me out.

Continue to pray for me. I have a lot of catching up to do on the math that I will be teaching. So, please pray for my knowledge and ability to distribute that knowledge to the students. Thanks everybody for your prayers thus far. I believe it has helped greatly. But don't stop. I'll need them all year.

Love you people... I mean it....

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

5 Comments:

  • One of my Truman mentors here in DC gave me a great piece of advise.

    If you ever start something, a job, or anything, and aren't absolutely terrified and doubt you can do it -- then you are wasting your time.

    You'll get the teaching thing, I'm 100% sure.

    By Blogger tom, at Mon Aug 14, 03:51:00 PM 2006  

  • If you weren't good enough for this job, you would not have been hired. You are going to do a wonderful job. I know it. Eventually you'll get more comfortable but HI this is a huge step! Lots of changes very quickly = stress galore! Just remember how many people love and support you. You'll be fine. Just breathe, it'll all be okay.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Aug 14, 04:40:00 PM 2006  

  • Hang in there, soldier, they're not anything but 4th graders in big bodies. :)

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Mon Aug 14, 10:49:00 PM 2006  

  • School starts on Friday for me, and my new call-back is me saying "I will make today the day" and then they say "tell success I'm on my way!" ... like the Starbucks commercial. So I totally stole it. But that's what teachers do best. I just thought of that since she ^^^ said that about the cheerleaders and it reminded me of a commercial.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Wed Aug 16, 10:23:00 PM 2006  

  • you don't seem like a worrier to me-do you still worry about teaching and such now??

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Fri Jul 17, 12:22:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >