The Gingus Chronicles

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ishmael?

Call me Kent. This is my tale of two concerts. Well... one for now...

The Mute Math concert was simply amazing. Three of my friends and I made the journey to Norman, Oklahoma. We planned on getting there early because it was general admission seats. So, we ate at a Hideaway Pizza (excellent) and then walked over to the University of Oklahoma campus to Meachum auditorium.

We were the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th people there, respectively. We got there roughly a couple of hours before the doors opened. So, the doors open and we get front row. Good, right? Not exactly. Some people decided that first come, first serve wasn't applicable in today's society. Those sitting behind rushed in front of us and continued to stand there. Great.

But I didn't let that take away from the concert experience. The Cinematics opened and Mute Math followed. The Cinematics are good entertainers. Enough for me to buy there cd after the concert. I also got to meet them and get their autograph. Nice guys.

Mute Math are also great entertainers. Their music is made to be played live. They know how to communicate to their audience. And they did. Drum solos, lights, great songs, and me made for a great concert experience.

I went to their merchandise booth afterwards and purchased a base-drum head that featured artwork from the drummer. It was also signed by the entire band.

Enough words.... here's some pictures:
Until next concert, vaya con Dios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >