The Gingus Chronicles

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sin City or I know I'm not perfect

I've never understood people. They are the worst...

College, to some people, is a time for continued education. For others it is a time to meet a wide variety of new people. Some mix the two very well to make a great college experience.

Others, though, seem to think college is nothing more than an anonymous sex party with an all-you-can-drink beer buffet. What they don't know (or maybe they do) that there are consequences for our actions.

I can go 2 miles and hour over the speed limit and not get caught, sure. But that will encourage me to do it again... and again... until I get caught enough times to make me stop doing so. Do I speed? Yes. And I will pay for it. But I am working on trying to obey the laws of the land. If I make it a habit of following the rules, then my life will be a smoother ride.

But where is the excitement?

Some say being a Christian means turning away from the "fun" life. Well, they may not say it but that is what some think christianity is all about. Leading a dull life.

Where is the joy in drinking (to get drunk)? I have never understood why people engage in this type of activity. To have fun? It's fun to puke your guts out a few hours after consumption? I've never liked puking, but that's me...

Where is the joy in living in sin? How far does that get you in life? It may be fun at first, but how do you really, truly feel afterwards?

Even though I don't act it, but my life is filled with joy. I am blessed beyond anything I can ask for. I take for granted, everyday, what God has given me. It shouldn't be like that. I don't thank God near enough. I need to change that, now.

Now, am I saying that nobody should have fun? No. There are infinite ways to have fun without sin complicating things. So, why choose sin?

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

2 Comments:

  • It's hard to put aside the "right and wrong" factor and really understand someone. Yes, it is quite dumb to get so wasted that you don't remember what you've done, but there has to be a reason WHY they feel they need to do this. Maybe they're followers.... they don't know how to say no to their leaders. Maybe there are thoughts and memories in their heads that they think will erase, along with the night's activities. Maybe acceptance is more important to them than their health because their self esteem is non-existent. And though you can show them the fun and good example of YOUR lifestyle (and I know it's hard not to preach or judge), it's between them and God whether they get off that path and on to a new one.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Sun Mar 18, 12:22:00 AM 2007  

  • your new year's resolution-what was it? To this point, I haven't found out yet. Perhaps you could look at it like fasting and feel like you should do without, but like fasting, it's all about what you put in. Perhaps you should try telling someone one thing you are thankful for every day. New person...new thing you are thankful for-could be a great witness to the community around you. You'd have to get out of your shell for a few seconds. That could be good practice though:)...just a thought.

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Mon Jul 20, 12:29:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >