The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Are you....?

One of my favorite things about people is authenticity.... when they are genuine. And I love being with those kind of people because they allow me to be genuine. I can be who I am. Not somebody or something that THEY want me to be. I'm not saying I intentionally put on a show for certain people. With genuine people, you are unihibited and free to act yourself. I LOVE THAT! And the sad thing is that there are too few of these authentic people around.

Lately, I have been getting to know one of these terrific people. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to get to know this person. Without knowing, this person encourages me to be real. Of course, I fail constantly.

What is one of your favorite qualities about people? Is that particular characteristic a part of you?

3 Comments:

  • I appreciate honesty and straighforwardness. Those things define me. Almost to a fault, even.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Tue Apr 08, 09:11:00 PM 2008  

  • I try to listen to decent music... I have XM radio in my car, so I listen to some 80s and 90s... and sometimes listen to the top 20 station or the hitlist station... unfortunately, XM must only have access to a handful of songs, because the top 20 station and the hitlist station play the same songs over and over. And that Miley Cyrus song is one of them. That, and that one that goes "I'm not gonna write you a love song..." and the one that goes "I keep bleedin... keep keep bleedin love." (I don't bother learning titles to songs, if you didn't notice.) So... basically... I need to just turn off the radio, I guess.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Fri Apr 11, 08:36:00 PM 2008  

  • What is one of my favorite qualities about people?-hmm..I like the differences in people...All of them.
    No one is too boring to get to know or befriend..that's my take anyway.

    The only problem I come across with this is that I can be friends with anyone but not all the people I'm willing to be friends with want to be friends with just anyone and some people choose not to hang because of another friend...there's no way I would exclude a hospitible person though. I suppose snobs and liars are the most annoying people on the planet. My family is probably the reason I am like that-Mom is the best:)

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Fri Jul 24, 12:17:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >