The Gingus Chronicles

Thursday, December 27, 2007

You mean, I didn't really win?

As you get older, you supposedly get wiser.... Somebody forgot to tell me.

I go to sleep one night and I wake up sometime in the middle of the night in deep thirst. I go to the fridge to hopefully open a nice tall bottle of water to quench my thirst. I didn't have any bottles of water left, so I went to my backup plan: Fruit Punch Gatorade.

So, I stand there downing this refreshment. But, remember, I just woke up so I'm a little on the tired side. I didn't want to stand there the whole time drinking this red Gatorade. So, being the genius I am, decided to take it with me to my room. I tried to sit on the edge of the bed drinking but it still required to much energy for my liking. I thought to myself, "I'm old enough, I can lay down and still finish with no problem." You can probably assume what's going to happen next.... Next thing I know I am being woke up to the spine-chilling reality of what happened. There I was laying in a pool of my own refreshment. And to make matters worse, it was RED Gatorade.

Now I'm soaked and need to dry off. So, I had to get up and do the walk of shame to get a towel. It's the same walk of shame people have to endure whenever they spill something in front of their friends. Then they just stand there watching you clean up your mess. Even though nobody was there laughing at me, I somehow knew God was up there pointing and laughing.

When I told my friends about this (which was probably a mistake), they thought I was dreaming about winning the "big game" and dousing myself in a Gatorade bath like they do in football.

"I WON! I WON!"
Until next time, vaya con Dios. And don't drink and sleep kids.

3 Comments:

  • You think that's boneheaded? Just wait until you have your first little one and you're sleep deprived. You'll do some really awesome things!! Night AND day!!

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Fri Dec 28, 10:28:00 AM 2007  

  • Once I was eating chocolate and reading a book and I went to sleep and woke up to find myself stuck to my bed. I had lost a chocolate and slept on it and melted it. It was all over my back and ruined a perfectly good set of holey flannel sesame street sheets that I'd had since I was about 4.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Feb 05, 08:58:00 PM 2008  

  • LOL! I am reminded of my most recent baking while sleeping experience...leading to the all familiar clean the oven experience:)

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Fri Jul 24, 11:41:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >