The Gingus Chronicles

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Two belly buttons and a house fire

I had only recently seen it on the news and on t.v. shows and movies. But never in person. It was really freaky too. Last night I saw my first live house fire. I was going to a friend's house to do some finals studying. I got to their house and saw somebody stopped at the top of the street that sported a slight incline (thus being at the top of such street). I wondered why somebody was stopped there and thought it was due to the slick streets. But it was the people whose house I was going to. They were stopped because they saw a house that was on fire and was calling the fire dept. Then they drove up to the house and told me about it because I couldn't see from my vantage point. I got out and walked up to the house. Well, I wasn't right next to it or anything. I was just across the street just watching it until the fire trucks got there.

I began to wonder as I was approaching the house if anybody was inside. I thought to myself, "What am I going to do if I know somebody is inside?" Would I be brave enough to go inside and try to save somebody's life? Even if it meant risking my own? Well, sooner did I think that when a guy said that the house didn't have anybody living inside of it. I wonder what I would have done.....?

This may sound bad but the worst thing about watching the fire was standing outside in the snow and 10 degree temperatures. It was so cold I imediately got a 2nd belly button, if you know what I mean. Male phenomena. Big time.

I subbed again out at Vanoss today. This time I was a History teacher. It was a productive day. I got to page 117 in my book while the students "worked" on their stuff. I think I'm still known to some as "the cool sub" or "mr. sub". But some others, I'm not so sure about after I gave them a bad report to their regular teacher while he was gone. They kept asking me, "Did you tell Mr. -------- that we talked all hour?" Or: "Why did I get in trouble? I didn't talk." Sorry. Gotta raise the B.S. flag on all that.

I hope that illustration worked.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

4 Comments:

  • hahaha, i love the bs flag!!! you rock. and yes, kids are so full of bs when it comes to that stuff. i don't know how many times i heard "i didn't do anything" or "are you going to tell on me?" kids these days! :P have a great FRIDAY!

    *lizzy j*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Dec 08, 07:37:00 PM 2005  

  • Thanks I happen to be one of those 'kids' not only do you expose my innocence with the new vocabulary but you proceed to call me a 'kid' I am thoroughly insulted by this injustice!

    But on the bright side I will always love you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Dec 08, 10:23:00 PM 2005  

  • My bad... I call college people kids too though.

    By Blogger Coach K, at Thu Dec 08, 10:53:00 PM 2005  

  • ...yeah and gives reports to authorities saying some folks do dirty things with animals and little boys...wonder whose seminary app that was on....the BS flag is a mega hit, you have classic humor with a pinch of spunk, and a whole lotta "kently" attitude!

    By Blogger Bryan Laramore, at Fri Dec 09, 12:30:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >