The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, August 18, 2006

I will survive in my Mach 5

The first full week of school if finally over. This has been a very long week in my life. Last Sunday I was stressed beyond measure. I didn't have any idea what I was doing and it scared me to death. I knew that there were students depending on me to teach them. What kind of teacher would I be if I didn't even know what I was teaching? I'll be the first to tell you that I don't even know a fraction of all the math. (hehe.. get it?... fraction?... math?....) So, I am having to study each night about what I'm going to teach tomorrow.

When I get home all I want to do is sleep. I am all kinds of worn out at 3 p.m. How many kinds of worn out are there? Well... that remains to be seen.

The more I think about it the more I like it. I don't want to say what it is just yet. It will be a while before I say anything specific about it. But, we'll see...

I'm also dealing with another kind of stress right now. The house. I am not sure if I want to move away from the school. I live less than 5 minutes from the school and I want to move to a place that is 20 minutes away? That's a lot of extra money spent on gas. If I plan on making a change next year I'm going to need that extra cash... no, not Johnny Cash.

Keep praying for me. I'd appreciate it. I need it.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

  • Kent, take a deep breath. You'll be fine. I know it feels scary that you don't know all that you need to teach but guess what? That is precisely what homeschool moms deal with, especially when our kids get to the highschool level. But I really believe that someone who has just learned something themselves can often be the very best teacher. After all, you can really empathize with the kids. When you have known and taught something *forever* it is all too easy to forget the process of learning.

    Come see us sometime and in the meantime I'll keep you in my prayers.

    By Blogger Deanna, at Fri Aug 18, 05:36:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >