The Gingus Chronicles

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Freak

Wow... January is almost over.

It's now been 11 months since my last soda. There has been many times where I would think about just having one. One wouldn't hurt, right? Wrong. I'm proud of being "sober" for this long. My goal is to never have one for as long as I live. I made this decision last February because I decided that I needed to make a healthy choice for once. The bad habit of drinking pop was something I felt like I needed to eliminate from my life.

3 games left. That's all I have left now on the schedule. One game isn't going to be rescheduled. I have one next Monday and the following two Thursdays. That's it. I added two new things on offense today. I'm not sure how effective it's going to be.

This has been a huge learning experience for me. I am now much more capable, in my opinion, to coach. Next year they are looking to make me the high school assistant, 9th grade coach and junior varsity coach. That as well as junior high coach and math. Sounds like a full schedule, but it's not that much more. It's something that I am looking forward to. I would like that much more than my current schedule.

I discovered that some of my students/basketball girls are discovering that I have a myspace account. Is it really that out of the ordinary? I know myspace gets a bad reputation for attracting weirdo's and freaks, but does that mean that it's weird that I have one too? I'm not a freak but I am occassionaly a weirdo... just not in a creepy way. It's the good weird... I promise.

I sometimes wonder if they think that I'm this "old" guy, incapable of understanding anything on their level. Which, I don't most of the time. I mean, this is junior high girls I'm talking about here. Who knows what goes on in their mind?

The best way to add insult to injury is by writing bad things on someone's cast.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >