The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, May 18, 2007

Ohhh.... You got burrrrrned.

So, two softball games and one and a half sunburns later, I am here.

On Wednesday, the faculty played the seniors in an end-of-the-year softball game. Let's just say it wasn't really that close. The faculty whooped up on 'em. In previous years, the school played basketball instead of softball. The teachers are getting older in years, so, basketball was becoming a less likely sport to play, so softball was a nice alternative.

But, for some reason, I thought I was immune to the effects of the sun. I didn't wear a hat or sunscreen. Let's just say, I looked like an apple... with hair.

The next day, we played the 8th graders in a game of softball. Yes, two days straight of softball. It wasn't originallly planned that way, just happened to fall in place. However, I got smart and wore a hat and sunscreen. Good decision... But I'm still paying for the first sunburn. It hurts... and yes, my students made fun of me for the rest of the week.

Here's some examples of such conversations:
Student 1: "Wow... look at your face."
Me: "What? My face? What happened? (I look at my reflection) AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Student 2: "Hey, you got a little red."
Me: "Oh, that... yeah,... Whenever people say something stupid, my face turns red. I was born with this condition."

Student 3: "What happened to your face?"
Me: "Got into another bitch-slap fight with a baboon."

And now one that I actually said:
Student 4: "Wow... your face is a little red."
Me: "Well, that's probably due to the sunburn."

Anyways, today was the last day of normal classes. THANK GOD. As I look back to my first couple of weeks, I never thought I could come this far. *Sigh....* I was such a child....

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >