The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, May 11, 2007

Two Turntables and a graduation

Tomorrow I'm graduating .... again... but this time with my Masters.

You would think that graduating would be a big deal. But, for some reason, it doesn't have that much significance to me. Being finally done with school, however, is. The ceremony is the thing I really don't have a lot of positive attitude for. I'm already done with school, plus I've already been through a college graduation just a short time ago. Plus, an aspect I'm probably forgetting, is that I have a job... a good job as I graduate.

I remember feeling the pressure to make something of myself. I remember walking the stage thinking that I had accomplished nothing because I didn't know what I was going to do with my degree. I wasn't sure that I wanted to enter the education field. Most of that was just fear to venture into an unknown part of life.

In high school I was voted "Most likely to succeed." I felt like a lot of expectations were put on me. To a certain extent, I still feel those same pressures. However, when I was doubting what I wanted to do with my life, I felt like I was letting all those people down. I didn't want to have "just another job". I wanted to do something with my life.

Fear isn't necessarily a bad thing. Letting it indwell you is. I was dangerously close to the latter.

Anyways, I'm graduating and I'm glad that's this very long journey of education is over. Well, education that I have to pay tuition for, that is. High five (in Borat's voice).

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

  • I didn't even go. I spent all Saturday cleaning my room at my mom's house. How sad is that for being 24 years old?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue May 15, 08:27:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >