The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, July 06, 2007

And I still haven't found what I'm looking for

I haven't updated in a while, so this is my attempt to entertain you... if anybody is out there.

I always have to mention something related to my career, because that's really the only thing I have going for me. We had two weeks of summer league basketball that went pretty well. Half of the team were incoming freshmen. I wish more of the upper-classmen could have come. But it was a good experience for me. I hope it was a good experience for them as well.

There were many times I didn't know how to handle certain things. Nothing the high school runs was anything I had to do with. So, running another person's offense is a little strange, especially when that coach isn't there. It was a little different dealing with high schoolers rather than junior high. Whereas the junior high'ers are, in my opinion, more attentive, the high school'ers are more capable of running complex plays.

Maybe when I have my own high school team I can be more assertive. I will have my own way of doing things and the students will know me and what to expect. It's just different running a team that doesn't seem to be your own.

July 4 was somewhat uneventful. It was almost a depressing time for me. I know this will sound sappy, but I am eagerly anticipating the day when I can watch a fireworks show with my future wife. There is just something "magical" about spending time with a loved one during a July 4 fireworks show. Sounds stupid, I know.

I am also searching for an apartment, or possibly a house. I'm almost soured on getting a house because of the last house fiasco. I've been looking and it looks like if I want an apartment, I may have to wait a while. I'm not in a huge hurry to move out, but I feel like I really need a place of my own. It will suck moving away from work, but I believe that the trade-off will be worth it.

.................

How is it so difficult to find what everybody is looking for?

I feel like a movie that is ALWAYS being replayed on the same cable station.... eventually people get sick of it.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

3 Comments:

  • Are you comparing yourself to an overplayed cable movie? I can get tired of the movie.... but it takes a little more to get tired of cool people.

    Fireworks are scary. The sounds, that is.

    Happy house/apartment hunting.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Fri Jul 06, 07:48:00 PM 2007  

  • Hey Keep Your Chin Up You will Make it You can do whatever your heart desires.As for the Forth I know How yah Feel I was in Colorado Starring out my hotel window (alone)with my sisters and i was hoping that i would of had that someone.The fireworks in Branson were awesome to.As far as moving I wish I was but YOu can always be thankful that you have that time with your loved ones because your not always promised tomorrow with the ones you cherish and truly love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jul 10, 08:54:00 AM 2007  

  • what did you do for the 4th that year?

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Fri Jul 24, 09:19:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >