The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, October 28, 2007

U.S.A.D.D

Usually this is the point in the post where I comment on how I haven't posted anything in a long time. Then I usually talk about how work is going. Then that's it. Just to be different, I'll try not to mention anything about that stuff... except for one thing... but I'll keep that until the end.

Last night I played in an alumni basketball game. This is my second one to attend. Then again, this is the second one they've ever had, so I guess I've been to all of them. Anyway, I played last night and afterwards was the first time in perhaps 7 years that I was in bed before midnight. I only played about 2 quarters and I felt like somebody was continually beating my chest with a sledgehammer. You never know how bad out-of-shape you are in until you... well... actually do something. On a brighter note, I scored 8 points (two 3's and a lay-up), and had a pretty lucky assist (a behind the back pass... it was like the hail mary of basketball). They divided us up into the classes that graduated on an even year and those who graduated on an odd year. Fortunately, the class that graduated 3 seniors on our state championship team was on my team. And we won by around 20 or so. It was fun, despite the horrible realization that I'm old and decrepid.

My first basketball games are this week. My junior high plays this Thursday and the high school plays this Friday. So, if you aren't doing anything and want to see my teams (hopefully) win, then come on out and watch some basketball. I know many of my friends who haven't seen a certain coach yet, so that certain coach is still waiting for such friends to attend..... hint hint...

I have been moved in to my house for a week now. It's a lot different but I like it. The worst part is not having cable (or DirecTV, in my case). All I have is a lousy antenna that only (barely) gets the crappy stations (that's KTEN, for those who know what I'm talking about). But it's nice. I have a new couch and loveseat, which made broke me, but it's microfiber, so it's worth it. But not having to drive to work is even nicer that I expected. That's how I get sympathy from some people: I tell them that I have to walk to work.

Last thing... My cousin has a band called Stereothump. They just released their first album called U.S.A.D.D. They have a myspace page, so look them up, and for those in the Ada area, I don't know where you can find their album right now, but I know there are some copies at H2ochurch. It's really good,... and I'm not just saying that because I have a connection. Really... just listen to it...

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

2 Comments:

  • Welcome back, yo.

    My lil one's babysitter's husband is the dood that is the pastor or whatever at the h2o church in L-town. SUCH NICE PEOPLE. I love them to death.

    Sorry about your non-cable. But woohoo for walking to work! You must live not too terribly far from my sister...they're within walking distance from the school too.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Fri Nov 02, 10:32:00 PM 2007  

  • LOL! I get the crappy KTEN station.and one other one:) I'm not normally there to see it so why buy tv we got movies

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Fri Jul 24, 11:29:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >