The Gingus Chronicles

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lightning Crashes

Storm season. I love stormy weather. Literally. It's not a metaphor for loving people in distress. I love this time of year.

I've wondered why I find storms fascinating. What is it about clouds, rain, wind, fronts, and everything involved?

For most of my life I thought I was going to be a meteorologist. What I really wanted to do was be a storm chaser. To be right there, up-close, in the eye of danger, was exciting to me. Every time there was a storm being covered on TV by the local media, I was glued to the screen. If a storm was coming straight where I was located, I would never freak out and search for shelter. I would do what a lot of southerners would do: go outside and look at the sky. Most of us Oklahomans believe that tornado sirens means to go get your camera and go outside. While that is mostly true, I really do go outside in the thick of it all, look up, and just stand there in awe.

I think one of the reasons why I like the weather so much is that it's a display of God's power and beauty. Have you ever seen a towering thunderstorm a hundred miles away? Especially when there is lightning involved. It's breathtaking, isn't it? Ever seen a tornado's destructive power in person? Simply amazing what an invisible force can do!

...... Simply amazing what an "invisible" force can do......

2 Comments:

  • yesterday i told you all about the storm that was threatening tornadoes that we watched from the front yard, but your word verification is smarter than me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Apr 19, 08:50:00 AM 2008  

  • I absolutely agree!!! One of many reasons to love Oklahoma:)

    Have you ever read This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti-can't spell last name:)??

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Fri Jul 24, 12:24:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >