The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, April 13, 2008

What are you listening to?

What is it about music? Why do certain people like certain music? Are some people genetically dispositioned to like a particular genre or style of music? Why do I like rock? Why do I strongly dislike rap and country? I know some of the reasons have to do with environment. Even ethnic groups and cultures usually have "their" style above others. (that's not a racism thing, by the way).

I love how music can strongly influence a persons life. Then again, I hate how it does the same thing. Postivie, powerful music can do wonders for a person. Angry, destructive, negative music can almost ruin. So, nobody can say music doesn't mean anything. Music has the power to move and motivate. Now, I have to ask,... what are YOU listening to?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >