The Gingus Chronicles

Thursday, April 01, 2010

A Day of Tom Foolery

Tomorrow is April 1st.  AKA "April Fool's Day".  I might possibly have some fun with this at work.  Hmmm...

What is some of the best pranks you've ever pulled?  Or have pulled on you? C'mon... you can tell me... I won't say anything...

Since I usually don't have anything that interesting to talk about, I guess I'll just provide my 2 cents on varying topics from time to time.

The Health Care Bill and the hooplah surrounding it:
I don't know much about this.  All I know is Republicans hate it and Democrats hate it when they hate something.  I don't even know if the Republicans and Democrats care about what is in the bill.  I think all they care about is Republicans and Democrats.  I believe all Republicans voted it down as well as a few Democrats.  But what is in the bill?  How will it effect me? Nobody seems to be explaining that part very well.  All I here is how people are fighting about it. 

My P90X experience thus far:
It's been tough going through the P90X program so far.  I went through the first 4 days of it and became so sore that I had to take an extended break.  I either pushed myself too far too quickly or just that I am such a huge pansy.  Maybe both.  But I'm back working out but I'm approaching it in a more cautious manor.  So far so good.  I'm on week 2 day 3 tonight.  I hope to continue pushing myself so I can see results.  I don't want to be the typical dropout who wasted money on exercise equipment. 

Stupid People:
I'm a coach and I have a lot of experience with stupid people.  Some people think that because they have been allowed entrance into a sporting event, gives them the right to say anything and everything they so desire.  I can understand being upset with a bad call or perhaps a player showing inappropriate behavior and you, as the spectator, would like to voice your displeasure.  Believe me,... I understand them.  I'm a coach.  But some people find it necessary to use profanity and verbally abuse coaches, other spectators, officials, and even players.  How stupid and rude.  Just once I'd like to go to these people and heckle them while they are at their job (considering they have one).  I doubt that would be something they would enjoy.  Do they not know how poorly they are looked upon and how bad that makes their school look?

Okay, well, that might have been a little more than 2 cents.  Heck, I'm impressed if you read the whole thing.  Just think of it as more "bang for your buck"... or 2 cents in this case. 

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

  • best prank:
    ummm an awesome double cross manuevere involving my dads tea, salt, baking powder, and kayan pepper.... it was AWESOME!
    Jordan

    By Blogger mayday, at Thu Apr 01, 03:43:00 AM 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >