The Gingus Chronicles

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Male phenomena and a hardware store.

Well, Ed just got back from north Texas tonight. He was gone for 4 days. But, amazingly, I had plenty to do:

Monday, July 4- Had an annual get-together at my house with some family friends. We had smoked everything. Anyway, the superintendent at a nearby school told me that I had a job waiting for me if I wanted it. It was for an after-school fitness-like program. I will get the job as long as the school gets the grant money for the program. I don't know a whole lot about what the job would require but it sounds exciting ....... to me.

Called B-Funk (Bryan) to inquire of his current status... in other words, what he was up to. We decided that I would meet him at his place and car pool to Wiley's house for Independence day festivities which included but weren't limited to swimming, eating, and general hanging-out. But before we left, Bryan asked me to help him do a small little project. He was trying to replace the air conditioner in his little apartment. Sounds simple enough. Not exactly. It took us forever to take the old piece of crap out of the window. Apparently, the old one was glued shut to the wall. So we did almost everything to get that thing out without tearing much up. To make a long story short, we Southern Engineered as much as we could. Result? It's in there. It works. End of installation.

After that fiasco, we proceeded to the house de la Wiley. We were about an hour late thanks to Bryan's cows. Everybody was done swimming when we got there. But we got in anyway. I'm sure we looked gay just the two of us wading in the pool. But the good thing was that there wasn't anybody there to see me get out of the pool. You know............. when a guy goes swimming...... he gets out............ swimming trunks are pasted skin tight to you. Because of that, people can get a distorted view of what kind of man I am. I guess some of you have no idea what I'm talking about. But I will say this..... shrinkage. Not cool.

So, after that, all of us that were at Wiley's went to go watch the magnificant fireworks display at Wintersmith Park. We had a pretty good view of them. We watched from the top of a hill by the Country Club. I'll tell you this. I can go buy a butt-load of black cats, set 'em off at once, and see a better show than what I saw at Wintersmith. It sucked! To me, at least. Washington D.C.'s firework show? Eat your heart out!

Then, after that, we set off fireworks of our own. Well, somebody else's fireworks.... but still.

And dad, happy birthday. Think about ya everyday!

Tuesday, July 5- Had intentions of going to E.C.U and enrolling for fall grad classes. So, I woke up around my normal time (around noon). Drove to Ada and went to ECU. I didn't enroll but I got the school to create a grad profile. I guess I needed one of those. But Brandon, the current youth minister from First Christian church asked me to help him paint a kitchen for a woman here in town. So I went over there thinking I was going to spend about an hour painting or so. I ended up being there from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. I did paint the kitchen...... AND help tile the floor. But, let me just say this, I smelled horribly of cigarette smoke and cockroaches (is that possible?) But, in the midst of painting and dodging the roaches (not the illegal kind...... that I know of), I looked at my phone and noticed I had 3 missed calls. One was from my good friend, Matt. But the other number was one that I didn't recognize. So, I checked my voice mail. It was someone from the freakin' HOME DEPOT! Holy crap! Is it possible that I'm worthy? Did I finally meet HOME DEPOT minimum qualifications? So, I listened to the message. A lady was wanting me to call back in regards to my prior application to the store. She said a number for me to call back but I accidently erased the message. More on this later.....

Wednesday (today), July 6- Got up today actually planning on enrolling. And I did! 9 hours. $1200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better make a crap-load of money by getting a masters degree, dang it!

I tried to help Janey make a DVD of a recent mission trip her church's youth went on. Didn't happen. I didn't know what I was doing or something.

Now, back to THE HOME DEPOT. I called them back today and......... drum roll please....... I have an interview on Friday at 9 a.m. Yeah, that's what I thought. A.M! How am I going to break the habit of finally going to sleep at 5 a.m? Oh well........ good for me that I got an interview at least.

So, here's hoping to making money and lot's of it........... and going to school while possibly managing a job or two. It's in your hands, Lord!

Alright........ that's about it. Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >