The Gingus Chronicles

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Highway to life

There's a lit candle at the end of the interstate.

I enrolled for summer classes yesterday. 8 hours. Not bad. So, that leaves only two classes left for the fall. And then you know what happens? Did you guess? Well, I'll tell you anyway. I'll.... be...... done. Then what? That's what I want to know. Where will I be in a year? Two years? 10?

The thought is frightening yet exciting. Finally, I will be able to move out and be on my own. I'm not sure how I could handle such a change. I've lived at home my whole life. That's 24+ years of doing the same thing. I anticipate that change will be difficult at first, much like it affects most people. I'm looking forward to a new chapter in my life yet the things unknown to me scares me. Will I be able to find a steady job? Or even a job period? So many questions for me to ponder. But why let it get to me right now? I won't. I'm going to try to enjoy life today. And what happens tomorrow happens tomorrow.

So, I'm thinking of purchasing a bicycle. It makes sense considering the outrageous fuel prices. But I live just a few miles north of "way-the-crap-out-there city". For me to 'bicycle' my way to Ada will be... uh..... interesting. Yes, I'll be in better health, which will be good. But by the time I reach Ada (if that happens), I'll probably be covered in sweat while looking at my watch wondering why it took me 5 hours to ride a bike to Ada.

Update: 48 days (February 22) since I've had a carbonated beverage. Gotta give it up to myself.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

4 Comments:

  • I better get to see you dang it! Don't think you can come all the way down here and get away without giving me a hug. Sheesh... women.

    By Blogger Coach K, at Tue Apr 11, 09:56:00 PM 2006  

  • Don't worry about too much about hurrying up to be out in this huge world on your own. the job, etc. Everything will fall into place. I'm really glad that I went to DC, even though it was only for a few months. People need to experience new things or you'll be like those other people from Southern Oklahomans who are angry at the world(you know who they are).

    By Blogger Chrissy, at Tue Apr 11, 09:56:00 PM 2006  

  • What you don't know is very scary. But, God will take care of you. He will show you many different opportunities that you may have never even thought of.
    Moving away from your family, especially leaving a parent at home alone, is hard. But, please remember that your other parent wants the best for you. And, if moving away, and moving up in life, is the thing that God wants you to do, they will want you to do that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Apr 11, 11:00:00 PM 2006  

  • it's been 3+ years. Have you lived on your own that whole time-do you hate it? I hate living by myself! I dread the thought of ever doing it again. Since then you've got a career and a house and you are making a mark on history by teaching math and coaching kids...success-yes?

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Wed Jul 15, 03:35:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >