The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Don't Fear the Reaper

Me? Educating the youth of today? Maybe that's not such a good idea.

You see, I was substituting the other day for a plethora of history classes. In three of those classes I had to show them a video over the Vietnam war. And in this video they showed a Buddhist priest/monk set himself on fire in protest to the war. Most of the students were kinda shocked to see an actual person en fuego. That is those who actually stayed awake to watch it. Anyway, they were talking amonst themselves talking about how they could never be able to set themselves on fire. I agreed. In fact, I told them OUT LOUD that if they ever decided to protest something, then do the smart thing: Don't set yourself on fire,.... set SOMEBODY ELSE on fire. Heck, it hurts a lot less that way AND your get your point across. So, in essence, I told dozens of students to set other people on fire.

Okay, I'm going bowling. If I see people on fire, I'll ignore it.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >