The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's been 40 days... or All things broken

A sad day yesterday, indeed. Adrian Peterson broke his collar bone in yesterday's football game. Quite possibly the best player in college football is out for the rest of the year. His career at Oklahoma might be over as well. And I got to witness it in person. It was a good ride while it lasted.

A lot of people now will give up on OU for the rest of the season. No doubt that OU is not as good without Peterson, but one man isn't the team. They will have to find a way to move on. I have no doubt that they CAN win the rest of their games. It won't be easy, but I have faith that they can beat anybody in the country.

Okay... that ends my sports rant.

Last Friday I went to Shawnee to attend something called the Blackbox (?). It was filled with people and music. I mainly wanted to go to hang out with some friends I don't get to see much anymore.

And just like old times, I saw couples there with each other. I don't know about you, but it seems like every time you don't have somebody, everybody you know does. Almost like they are showing off their significant other in spite of you. And I was doing well with the fact that I was single. In fact, I was enjoying the single life. I didn't have anybody to answer to. Nobody to worry about. Nobody. And that could also be a reason why being single bothers me. The word 'nobody'. There is nobody to share with.... nobody to enjoy life with.... nobody to go to.... nobody.

I know people always say, just be patient... God will bring you someone. Yeah... I've heard that for years now. But it doesn't help me deal with the loneliness. Everybody deals with loneliness from time to time. This must be my time.

I suppose I feel like I'm playing catch-up with myself. I "expected" to be married by the time I started a career. Failed expectation. I "expected" to at least have a steady girlfriend by age 25. Another failed expectation. Am I expecting too much?

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

7 Comments:

  • Ever notice how the things you know God intended for you don't usually just plop in your lap one day, but are things you've worked for? I'm one of those "God-helps-those-who-help-themselves" chicks. Help Him out a little... go meet chicks. :) I'd help you but 1) I don't live in Ada anymore, and 2)I don't have a clue about your type.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Mon Oct 16, 01:06:00 AM 2006  

  • Amy's advice sounds a lot like Abraham making the whole Isaac thing come about on his own time and he turned out an Ishmael. If God has promised it, then wait. An Isaac takes time and faith, lots of faith. Don't make it happen yourself or it will be a big fat Ishmael.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Oct 16, 06:12:00 PM 2006  

  • That would only be true if I told him to marry the first girl he meets, or marry someone who is totally wrong for him. But is there something wrong with dating to get to know people and hopefully happening upon the one you're supposed to be with? I think not. There's an entire world of difference between the situation Kent is in and the situation you're describing.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Mon Oct 16, 11:35:00 PM 2006  

  • I agree with both of you. Yes, patience is a virtue... or so they say. I don't think I'm supposed to just sit and wait for something to happen. That's usually not how God works, in my opinion. If I sit at home and do absolutely nothing all the time, then what are my chances of meeting somebody? Slim to none and Slim just left town. If I'm actively looking then I think I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Doesn't the Bible mention something about "idle hands"? Uh.... not to say that I'm doing anything wrong with my hands....... uh.........

    By Blogger Coach K, at Tue Oct 17, 04:08:00 PM 2006  

  • maybe that problem isn't you or anything you've done, maybe it's ADA...

    By Blogger Bryan Laramore, at Tue Oct 17, 05:50:00 PM 2006  

  • Now THAT makes sense...

    -Kent

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 18, 07:30:00 PM 2006  

  • yup. It's Ada. It's like spinning your wheels in the mud.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Thu Oct 19, 09:27:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >