The Gingus Chronicles

Saturday, February 10, 2007

?

Time heals all wounds, so I've heard.

I was at Chili's tonight, sitting comfortably with friends from church when she walked in. "She" was my first girlfriend I ever had. We dated for a year before things ended. That was roughly 8 years ago. Since that time I may have seen her 2 or 3 times. Tonight she walked in with her husband and child.

When she walked in all of those past feelings came rushing back. Old memories... the good and the bad. It also made me wonder what if. What if we ended up together? What would my life be like then?

It's strange to think about all of the question marks in our life. The 'what if's'.

I also wonder what my life would be like if my father was still alive. Where would I be? Would I be a better person? More question marks....

The Butterfly Effect. What if I would have done even the smallest thing different in my past, would that make a difference in my relationships?

Am I supposed to be single? Do I have a different purpose on this earth?

Someone told me that the reason some things don't happen just yet is because the preparation isn't complete. I think she was right...

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

  • why did it end? Do you regret that it ended? And as for whether or not you should be single-I doubt it for plenty of reasons found in scripture combined with your desire to not be. But wisdom waits in "preparation."

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Wed Jul 08, 08:34:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >