The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, February 11, 2007

The end of the beginning

The season is over and I couldn't be more proud of a group of girls. We finished 10-3 (read ten wins and three losses). It's sad not to have them anymore for the rest of the year, but then again, I can breathe again. Not to say that it was a headache or anything like that, because I enjoyed it. Every good thing must come to an end, and so it was our time.

God blessed me beyond anything that I deserved. He blessed me with a terrific group of young ladies. We had our ups and downs. Good times and bad.

We won a tournament and had a last second shot go in to win a game. We played "dirty basketball" and one girl threw her own basketball in the stands. Last Friday we had a party to celebrate the season. It was a bittersweet time.

So, here's to all of you. I'll never forget my very first basketball team. You spoiled me. The next groups have a lot to live up to. You'll always have a special place in my heart.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >