The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, February 16, 2007

And the greatest of these is...

As I reflect upon this past week, I realized that I had a pretty good "Valentine's Day", or National Singles Awareness Day. Usually I dwell on what I didn't have, instead on what I actually have. I have dozens of friends who care about me. I have a good job where the working environment is terrific. I have a family that loves me. These are all things that I take for granted every day.

So, if Valentine's Day is about love, then I've missed the point for a long time. I am blessed to have the life I have. No, I don't have the best of everything, but that doesn't matter. I have everything I need: Love. Material things are nice, sometimes, but only for a moment.

Thank you to all my friends who love me despite all of my many flaws. Forgive me for all the times that I've let you down. Even though I don't say it, I love you guys (and girls).

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >