The Gingus Chronicles

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Solid Snake Charmer

Here I am, sitting in the coaches office in the gymnasium at the school, blogging during the summer. It's a day before my birthday and my girlfriend (that's right, I said "my girlfriend") is all the way on the other side of the world for a couple of weeks. Since we started dating we have kept some sort of communication (text messages, emails, phone calls, etc.) with each other, until this time. Instead, I just look at my phone going back to the last text message that she sent me and read it dozens of times. Just today I got my birthday present from her and a note that went along with it. So, now I will just read that over and over again. But, I realize this is just temporary (hopefully). I consider myself blessed.

Thankfully I will be pretty busy in the meantime. Starting tomorrow our basketball team has team camp. That will keep me occupied through Friday. The weekends will suck because I don't have anything to do. I'm sure I can come up with something (no, cow tipping is NOT an option.... and has anyone ever done that? I've never heard of anybody ever go cow tipping... I think it's a myth created by northerners to make southerners look more "hickish").

I'm also house shopping. I've looked at a few. And a few of those I kinda liked. I have at least one more to look at next week. It looks pretty promising. I just want to get this whole process over with. Also, I'm probably about to buy a motorcycle. But ONLY for gas saving purposes... yeeeeaaaaahhhh. Do you believe that?

Other than that, I'm just trying to enjoy my summer break.... well, somewhat of a break, I guess. Oh yeah, next week is the worldwide release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I've been waiting 3+ years for this game. And from what I hear, it will be worth that wait. Yeah, that was a nerd moment, but I dont' care.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

  • I shall comment in reverse order, if you don't mind, because that's how I do things.

    When the first Metal Gear Solid came out, I was so completely, totally obsessed. I stayed up all night long to make it to the end of the game, which I did, and then I was a little disappointed, just like when you can't put a book down and you finish it, and there's nothing else to read. But that didn't stop me from playing it ALL THE TIME anyway, even though I already knew how to win. I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?

    Ah, house shopping. That's fun. Like House Hunters! I like that show. I always know which one they're going to pick, too! Um.. I think I got off topic. OH YEAH, look into some different grants that you might qualify for to help you pay your closing costs! We did, and actually we even got our earnest money back.

    But motorcycles are no bueno.

    I'm glad you're keeping yourself busy to pass the dear ol' time.

    Long distance relationships (even temporary ones) can work, don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Today is the anniversary of the first official date I had with my hubby, and we started the first two years of our relationship as long-distance-loves.

    I think that's all I got!

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Tue Jun 03, 11:06:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >