The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, January 20, 2006

The KEYtar to life

Well, it's official. I have a new favorite band. It's Mute Math.

Last night I attended the first concert of their tour in Oklahoma City. And that means I was one of the VERY FIRST to be able to buy their self-titled debut album. Three bands opened up for Mute Math. The first, Avarice, was decent at best. They have an amazing bass guitar player. But I could not understand ONE WORD the guys were saying. He was practicly swallowing the microphone when he was "singing". I thought they were alright until I heard him say the only thing I heard him say all night. He was setting up the next song by saying, "This next song is about sex." Moving on.....

The second band was one that had a terrific sound. They were called Radiant.


The third band was called Vedera. The lead singer was a female who had an amazing voice. Not many females can pull off what she did. Good sound.

And last but not least, Mute Math. They were simply nothing short of amazing. Their set lasted roughly around 90 minutes to close the show at midnight. They started it off by playing a new song called "Chaos". They played several new ones and a few off of their Reset E.P. They played "Control", "Peculiar People" (my favorite), "Plan B", and closed the concert with the all instrumental song "Reset". Here's a video link to see it live.

I was very impressed with the show. I can't wait until I get to see them again. But I will at least have to see how my hearing recovers. It was freakin' loud, yo.

Now I'm enjoying the Mute Math cd before ANYBODY else. It's scheduled to be released to everybody else in the fall. I feel special. The cd is really good too.

I don't know if this message will be seen by my concert friends from Tulsa, but you guys/gals rocked. I've never shared standing room only space at a concert with anybody cooler. I hope one day I can enjoy a concert with you 4 again. God Bless.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >