The Gingus Chronicles

Thursday, January 26, 2006

You all everybody

I achieved another milestone in my life.

I subbed today, but I didn't blog. I did something different..... something that I wanted to do and get paid for it...... I showed the class an episode of Lost.

That's right! You heard me... or read me, that is. I showed two classes the first episode of season 2. Well, it was either that or Casablanca.... so I think I made the right decision.

It was only for half of a day but it was still worth it.

What else is new(s)? Well, it may be insignificant to anybody else but I wrote a letter to the editor of the school paper (ECUs The Journal). It was in response to an article in an issue published last December. The article was about the political correctness of the useage of the term 'Christmas'. You've heard about this, right? Schools doing away with "Christmas" and changing it to "Holiday". Here was the aforementioned letter to the editor:

by Kent

I am absolutely sick of how ths nation is so afraid to offend one person.

Am I dreaming or are we actually arguing whether Christmas should be called Christmas?What's next?

Are we going to start calling Good Friday, "Reasonably Content Friday?"

Are we going to call Easter, "Developed Embryo Search Day?"

This is absolutely ridiculous.

When is this country going to start standing up for what is right?

Now if everybody is so afraid to "offend" others, then why is it that nobody cares that Christians are offended about Christ being taken out of Christmas.

It sounds like there are two totally separate holidays taking place on the same day toward the end of December.

Christians: our voice needs to be heard!

I agree with your comment about the problem being that we are trying to welcome every religion and belief system into one holiday (which so happens to be replacing
Christmas).

Christmas is SUPPOSED to be a time where we remember the birth of Jesus Christ.

Merry CHRISTmas to EVERYBODY.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

5 Comments:

  • Are you SERIOUS?! You showed the class that you were subbing "Lost"?!?!?! What grade was this?
    That is just WRONG! What PASS skills did you cover by showing that? What kind of ANYTHING did the students get from it? Ugh! I cannot believe you did that!
    PS~I guess you wanted to show everyone that you really are a good person, by showing everyone what you had written to the editor. Nice way to balance out the WRONGNESS of the showing of the "Lost" episodes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 27, 01:30:00 AM 2006  

  • Ok that is GREAT! Ok probably not the best thing for students to be watching ... but seriously ... if i had been in school and some sub showed me Lost for the day he would be my new best friend!

    By Blogger A^2, at Fri Jan 27, 06:57:00 AM 2006  

  • Come to think of it... i forgot to remember Kanye West this past Christmas.

    By Blogger the rocket, at Fri Jan 27, 11:35:00 AM 2006  

  • Well, the teacher for those classes didn't leave any lesson plans for the sub (me) to do. Plus I already had the tapes in my truck because somebody wanted to borrow them. Now, how am I suppose to turn that down?

    By Blogger Coach K, at Fri Jan 27, 02:05:00 PM 2006  

  • Hey..that is plagiarism..you didn't write that letter..my good friend Kent who is a sophmore from Pauls Valley did!!

    By Blogger tka821, at Sat Jan 28, 11:24:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >