The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Fast Food

It's a little too late for New Years resolutions, but I thought I'd make a "healthy commitment." Recently, a friend told me of how he has quit eating fast food as well as other healthy improvements in his life. I thought about it and told myself that I should do something of that nature. So, I did.

Starting last Wednesday, I haven't had any carbonated beverages. Although I did have Wendy's last night. Reason being Red Robin was so overcrowded that it wouldn't be worth it to stick it out and wait for a table. So we went to Wendy's. I had the double cheese and a large Frosty. I tell ya, whenever (if/when) I get rich, I'm going to buy my own Frosty machine. I know this goes against the whole "eating healthier" thing, but it just may be worth it. Frosty's are freakin' awesome.

So, for my own sake, here is my list of things to do:

  • No more fast food. (Not including Subway or sandwich places)
  • No more pop. This is going to be hard, for I really like Root Beer and Cream Soda. And best of all, Orange flavored soda.
  • More fruit (not counting orange flavored pop).
  • More physical activity. Even if it means just walking around. Something!
  • Follow the rules listed above.
  • All of the above.

And there you have it. Simple, right? But, anyone who's had to do something like this knows it can/will be difficult. Now, I wouldn't exactly call myself fat or anything. I'm doing this to make my life better. I don't wanna die of some heart disease at age 50-something, or any-something for that matter. Just trying to look out for myself and make myself look better in the process. Look out ladies! ........... (pause for laughter)

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >