The Gingus Chronicles

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New Olympic Sport or How to ruin a good secret

Here is one of the best conversations I've had with a woman in a while. Here's the way it went:

Girl: Do you have a favorite Winter Olympic sport?
Kent: No, but I know it's not ice dancing, for sure.
Girl: I was watching SKI HUMPING or something... and the girl that just jumped fell and is screaming and grabbing her thigh.
Kent: Ski "Humping"? Yeah, uh... I don't think you are watching the Olympics.

Apparently, she misspelled a word. To which I made full advantage of. Let's just hope that Brokeback Mountain won't sponsor this event.

And speaking of the Olympics...

Curling is on TV, but it's on tape delay. I went online and found out who won between the U.S. and Canada. I found out but the others in the room watching the event didn't know who won and didn't want to know. They wanted to find out by actually watching it. I told two people, Jonathon (he asked) and Elizabeth (she didn't care). I tried to get Elizabeth to tell them who won, just to ruin it for everybody else. She declined. So, I kept encouraging her and encouraging her to tell them who won. Still no luck. I kept telling them that I know who won and kept teasing them with the information I had. Well, I decided to let them find out by way of television. I chose to behave. Anyway, here comes in Joey. And the first thing he said was, "Ahhh, the U.S. lost"???? I immediately laughed. And laughed for a while. But he wasn't ruining anything on purpose. He was simply asking if they lost. But the others turned around obviously thinking I was laughing because I thought Joey gave it away (which is what I thought). Oh well, I thought it was funny.

Until next time, vaya con Dios. And happy curling.

3 Comments:

  • Take the Olympic poll on my blog! Pretty please.

    By Blogger Chrissy, at Wed Feb 22, 09:40:00 PM 2006  

  • Thanks a lot. I didn't think you were actually going to post that. But, it was funny though. Still makes me laugh!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Feb 22, 11:45:00 PM 2006  

  • Wait... I just re-read your entry, and noticed that you said this was "one of the best conversations (you've) had with a woman in a while." Then, you had named the person you were talking to (me) as "Girl"?!?! Make up your mind man! Or, boy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Feb 23, 12:04:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >