The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Training of the Kent


I have returned.... ONCE AGAIN!

The retreat at Falls Creek is over. And so is the Third Day concert. Both were awesome in their own respect. So, for the sake of avoiding long blog posts, I will post separately about the two events. First, I will talk about the retreat.

The weekend was called "Training of the Wise". And it had very Ninja feel to it. Why ninjas? Well, they dedicate their whole life to their craft. They dedicate all they have to perfect being a ninja. We also have to spend our lives training to be the best christian we can possibly be. Being a christian ninja not only sounds cool but also is applicable to how we should train ourselves.

I learned a very simple and easy way to learn the Bible. Read it! Just kidding, but I'm not at the same time. Anyway, I got some very helpful tips on how to study the Word of God. Now I just have to apply it to my life... not just talk about it. I have to act on it.

But other than the learning taking place, we also had plenty of time for extra curricular activities. Capture the flag happened first. Only two people injured themselves. One was due to falling out of a tree because of a faulty branch. The other was just a simple case of road rash due to a combination of running and tackling. But my team won, although some would say that we cheated. Let me tell them something. We cheated because we wanted to win.

After this we went back into the cabin and played some games on the XBox. So, when it hit 5:30 am, we decided it would be best to get some kind of sleep. 2 and a half hours later I woke up so pancakes and grape juice. Good stuff. But I woke up, ate breakfast, learned me some Jesus, and then took a "nature" walk. Here's some of the pictures I took from it.

But I had tons-o-fun. I got to know some of my Baptist brothers and sisters a little better. And no, we didn't bring alcohol.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >