The Gingus Chronicles

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fatty McGee

It always takes something big to make a change in your life.

I went to a website that calculates your BMI (body mass index) and the results startled me. For my height and weight, I am considered overweight. When I first saw that, I was stunned. How can I be overweight? Some people still consider me "thin". Then again, "overweight" isn't the same thing as "overfat". But that doesn't give me much comfort right now.

I have recently cut out an unhealthy habit from my life: soda. And that is a good thing. But it is a small step into me becoming healthy. I realize that I have much to do to become a healthy person. Many people think that your diet is the key to losing weight. While that is no doubt important, it is just as important to exercise.... which I don't do on a consistant basis.

You should have seen me in high school. (I sound old now). I weighed around 155 lbs. Now I weigh 190. 35 lbs!!!!!! I have gained 35 lbs since then!!! Wow... that almost makes me sick thinking about it. I have to do something about it. So, those of you who know me and see me sometimes, keep me in check. If anybody wants to do some kind of exercise routine sometime, let me know. I need somebody to keep me in check. Like an accountability partner. So, if you are interested, let me know.

So, here's to not looking like this later in my life:



Until next time, vaya con Dios.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >