The Gingus Chronicles

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

First Person Kazoo or Why God hates forwards

My intro into summer depression starts at roughly 10:03 p.m. tonight. Why? The season 2 finale of Lost is tonight, so I have nothing to look forward to until season 3 picks up.

But the finale tonight should be amazing. So much build up and anticipation. I can't wait.... but, obviously, I'll have to. I can't speed up time. And if I could speed up time, how would I be able to do that? Would I have a special watch with dials and knobs? Or will it be via computer?

You know, I once stared at the sun for over an hour... it burned my eyes out. I guess I was just curious. That's why my friends call me whiskers.

Anywho... I will be playing the drums tonight for the youth of Ada First Baptist. I love playing the drums and/or drumming related activities. Last Sunday night, I played the drums in the regular music service, which was fun. And, of course, I messed up the first song. But who doesn't mess up at one time or another? I still enjoy it, and one little mess up won't stop me from loving to play. I believe this is a "gift" God has given me. And I love to use that gift. I'm not saying I'm a pro or an expert by any means of the imagination. I'm just saying that it is something I enjoy. I think I have a good ear for this kind of thing. I have vision up the kazoo, so let's go with it.

Summer school starts soon. This is foreign to me... summer school. At ECU, summer classes begin on a Friday. Now, how does that make sense? And all my classes are on a Monday-Thursday, except for my online class.

I have a Rant... and here it is. I HATE those stupid forwards basically saying that if I don't forward this email on to EVERYBODY I KNOW, then that means I don't love God. Sure, God is dependent upon my address list on my Yahoo Mail.

Me: Yes, God? Did you have something to tell me?
God: Well, I'm concerned quite frankly.
Me: I wasn't aware of the sin you are referring to.
God: Remember 2 months ago when you got the forward entitled "Love God? Prove it!"?
Kent: Yeah?
God: You didn't forward it to everybody on your list! I thought you loved Me!
Me: Oh God...

I can just picture it... or not.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

3 Comments:

  • Another good analogy. And just throwin this out there. Your entry got submitted twice. Should I leave a comment on each? And I gotta say, I'm not a Lost watcher but the promos definately intrigued my roommate and me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed May 24, 03:38:00 PM 2006  

  • Hey you, I am supposed to be going to New Orleans with our youth group this summer!!! Anyways, who is your cousin marrying? Who is Larramore marrying? WOW!! I have another wedding soon too and then I will be in Oklahoma for a week for Sam's wedding!! By the way.......what is your cell number, I just got an cell phone with an Ada number and I am trying to get everyone on it. 580-320-9633. Hope school is fun!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu May 25, 01:37:00 PM 2006  

  • I get those God messages a lot on myspace in the bulletins.... I think I even made a bulletin about how Myspace has no bearing on your soul, because it just isn't that cool.

    Mad cow disease, your thoughts.

    By Blogger Amy, queen of the world., at Sat May 27, 11:32:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >