The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, May 12, 2006

So long, farewell.

Well, it's over.

Today is the last day of finals. And in a couple of days I will be heading to New Orleans on a mission trip. We will be going with another group from SWOSU in Weatherford. I'm looking forward to meeting all of them and spending time with my friends from ECU. The work, I believe, will be rewarding. I'm not exactly sure what our job will entail, but, whatever it is, I'll do it. From what I've heard, it's mostly clean-up duties.

I haven't prepared myself yet for what I may see when I get there. I've read stories and saw the news, but being there in person probably will not be anything like what the media has shown me. I don't want this to be a vacation of sorts for me. I want more than a different atmosphere. I want a sense that I have helped, even though what I do is very small.

Graduation is tomorrow. I'll be seeing more of my friends ending their education and going headlong into a different world. Hopefully, there will be free food somewhere...

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >