The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, May 05, 2006

Not a good title

It's nice to show 17/18-year-olds how to play basketball.

Today, I played with the Faculty in the annual Faculty vs Seniors basketball game at Vanoss. We had a really slow start. The score was 9-2 in favor of the Seniors. I started in the second quarter. The "old" people started the game just to wear out the Senior starters, but I don't think that is what happened. Anyway, we started to kick some tail. We were still behind at halftime, though. Something like 16-9. Shut it... It's a low score, I know. Well, the third quarter we fell even further behind... like 9 points at one time. Then our comeback started. We ended up taking a 3 point lead into the 4th quarter. We held on to the lead, trading baskets, and won the game by 1 point. Woohoo! I played alright at best. I'm just glad I didn't fall over dead two minutes into playing.

And speaking of sweating, I've been doing something active for the last week or so. I'm really going to try to start doing away with a sedimentary lifestyle. I've been jogging as well as push-ups, sit-ups, and most importantly, sit-downs. But I already feel better. Oh, and check out my timer at the bottom of this blog. It's been more than 2 months since I've last had a soda. Gotta give it up to myself, ladies and gents.

I'm currently reading the last chapter (thank God) in my Modern Philosophies of Education book. It's about Postmodernism. Funny how there is no Premodernism.... no, wait... it's not funny afterall...

Hey, women, do you want to know what men are thinking? Cause I'll tell you. Nothing. We're just sitting around looking at things. And why are women always attracted to doctors? Apparently , women are attracted to knowledge of the body, whereas men just want the body.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >