The Gingus Chronicles

Friday, April 28, 2006

Six Flags Over Rome

3 hours straight of basketball. I'm a tired panda. I just may... just MAY have sweated the equivalent of a 6th graders body weight. Maybe I need some water. Maybe...

Well, Romans and Christians went really well. Nobody received injuries that I'm aware of. At least the ambulance didn't have to come our to the church this time. So, it was at least better than last time. I played as a Roman priest along with my fellow Roman Bryan. The Romans would try to capture Christians and bring them to jail. The jailers would randomly send us the captured Christians. Anyway, our job was to give them the ultimate ultimatum: to choose to follow Caesar or follow Christ. A follower of Caesar would have to sign a piece of paper that says "Caesar is Lord" at the top. Of course, not signing it consequently means you have chosen to be executed by the Romans. We would do everything short of screaming in their face telling them that what they are doing is suicide. We tried to make it as real as we could get...

Bryan and I were questioning one guy (a Christian). We explained to him that if he would sign his name then he would be a free person. And if he decided to do so, he would receive a mark on his hand. I later explained to him that it's like a free pass in life considering where he was. Then I got right in his face and explained that he could also get a Free Pass to Six Flags Over Rome. My salesmanship needs work. (Just imagine that old bald guy in the Six Flags commercials dancing in front of the Colleseum.)

Today I went to the "coffee shop" (AKA The Perfect Blend). A friend of mine and her mother (who works there) were present along with two very young girls. One of these girls I have never talked to comes up to me, acting like a cat, and proceeds to stand on top of my feet, then my legs, then on my shoulders, and finally on my head. I didn't know what to do, so I played along. I threw her off down some stairs.... JUST KIDDING. Sheesh..... Anyway, I ran around the room with the little girl on my shoulders. She seemed to really enjoy it though... so it was worth it. However, my friend was a little more than embarrassed because the little girl was her sister. I think the mother was a little embarrassed too. But it's all good. (Muffin... don't be embarrassed).

How dumb are these shows like "The Insider" and "Entertainment Tonight"? "Well, Pat, her dress just didn't accentuate her shoulders. She made a major mistake wearing the shoes with that necklace." Makes me wanna puke.

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

3 Comments:

  • I don't watch The Insider, but I occassionnally watch ET. But I understand how you would want to vomit after hearing something like that...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Apr 29, 02:52:00 AM 2006  

  • BTW... That "old guy" in the Six Flags commercial that does all that crazy dancing is actually a young guy w/ that is made up to look like an old guy.

    Just in case you didn't already know!!

    ;o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Apr 29, 06:57:00 AM 2006  

  • Romans and Christians is such a crazy game. We did it at camp and I was a jail gurad my senior year. We even went and bought black sheets and made togas. It was intense. Six Flags over Rome though . . . could be interesting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon May 01, 10:58:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >