The Gingus Chronicles

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mythological Sportiness


I have returned... once again!

I subbed today, so, when payday rolls around I'll be swimming in the Benjamin's. Yeah, right. Teachers don't get paid enough, so how are subs suppose to?

But I found out that I'll be aiding the men's faculty basketball team in the annual Faculty vs Seniors basketball game. Ah yes... I'll be playing on the same court as I did just a short time ago.... this time will old fogies. But I'm not fogy enough... I'm in my mid twenties.... so shut it. So, hopefully I won't embarrass myself too bad. School will be let out for the event, so I'll be participating in front of the whole school.... again. Plus, I'll be subbing earlier in the day, so more Benjamin's for me. Woohoo!

haha... I'm watching Conan O'Brien. He's funny...

Anywho.... the last 4 episodes of Lost is coming up tomorrow night. Can't wait... Can you tell I'm a fan? Get this... I have on my computer a list of 30-something websites that I periodically check for Lost stuff. And yes,... I'm one of those message board geeks. It's so easy to get caught up the the mystery, characters, and mythology. In fact, the writers for the show are releasing a multimedia game (mainly online) about the show. It is available to play starting tomorrow. Should keep me busy during the summer. Also, you can watch episodes of Lost for free. Just go to this site, and follow the directions. Then you too can become a nerd, just like me!

How bad is the Carson Daly show? He is even worse than that "you are the weakest link" woman.

I heard somewhere that sliced bread made it's first appearance in the early 1900s. "It's the best thing since sliced bread" is a common saying... so what did people used to say before sliced bread was invented? "Hey! This is the best thing since SPAM!" or "This is the best thing since the cotton gin." The list could go on and on...

Until next time, vaya con Dios.

6 Comments:

  • SPAM was introduced in 1937

    By Blogger Scott, at Wed May 03, 06:57:00 AM 2006  

  • I think it was the wheel. Anything that is invented now that is cool.. i'll say the best invention since computers that can cuss!

    By Blogger the rocket, at Wed May 03, 12:14:00 PM 2006  

  • Can you believe that we're in our mid-twenties?

    One night I was watching Carson Daly and realized how much he's gotten old. Remember when he used to be the hip cool 20-something. Now he's just an 'old' late night tv show host.

    By Blogger Chrissy, at Wed May 03, 11:35:00 PM 2006  

  • kent, you left your cane at the ucm last night

    By Blogger Scott, at Thu May 04, 09:56:00 AM 2006  

  • hehehe... you left your cane... We're not that old!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri May 05, 01:59:00 AM 2006  

  • Haven't slept in a couple days so I watched Conan last night and the Jimmy Fallon show too. Some stuff is funny, but I think it's just as likely that it was funny cause I hadn't slept in two days. Then again I am easily amused.

    if the teaching/coaching thing doesn't work out and the bowling thing doesn't work out maybe you could do stand up-stage looks like a bathroom--you could probably go for days

    By Anonymous Nichole, at Wed Jul 15, 01:00:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >